How to register a Branch Office in Bangladesh
For Branch Office registration in Bangladesh the permission is given by Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA). A Branch Office is established to perform the functions which is performed by the Parent Company outside Bangladesh. The expenses to establish a Branch Office is borne by the Parent Company. After getting prior approval of the Inter-Ministerial Committee, Branch Office can have regional source of income from its approved field of business in Bangladesh. To obtain permission to open a Branch Office in Bangladesh, the following documents need to be submitted to BIDA:
Step by step procedure for Branch Office registration in Bangladesh
Followings are the steps one must need to follow to register Branch Office in Bangladesh
1. Application in prescribed form signed by authorized persons for establishment of Branch Office,
2. Authorization letter given in favour of a person of the organization, to submit the application to Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA),
3. Certificate of Incorporation,
4. Audited Accounts of last financial year of the principal company,
5. Company’s Board of Directors resolution regarding opening of office in Bangladesh,
6. Proposed organogram of the office showing the posts to be occupied by expatriates as well as local personnel,
7. Details of activities to be performed through the proposed Branch Office in Bangladesh,
8. Name and nationality of the Directors/Promoters of the principal company,
9. Memorandum and Articles of Association of principal company.
After submitting the application to BIDA generally it may require 15 (fifteen) working days to issue the approval letter. However, it may vary depending on the Inter-Ministerial Meeting.
Al Amin Rahman & Associates is one of the leading law firms in Bangladesh. Al Amin Rahman & Associates has very high expertise in aiding foreign entities to set up their Branch Office in Bangladesh. Al Amin Rahman & Associates has helped leading foreign companies in various ways according to their needs. These includes by acquiring permission from BIDA, approval of Bangladesh Bank, arranging visa and work permit for expats, opening bank accounts of entity, etc,.